Topton Community Ambulance Service provides 911 emergency services 24 hours a day 365 days a year. We have highly trained professional emergency personnel on duty at all times.
We provide the following Emergency services:
Advanced Life Support (ALS) - Skills performed by an EMT-P (Paramedic or Pre-Hospital Registered Nurse (PHRN) commonly referred to as a paramedic or medic.
The ALS providers perform advanced life saving procedures and skills on sick or critically injured patients. Their skills include:
- Cardiac Monitoring
- Cardiac Defibrillation
- Cardiac pacing
- IV access
- Needle Cricothyrotomy
- Needle decompression of the chest
- Medication administration through (IV) and (IO)
- Medical command communication to a Doctor at the hospital.
Basic Life Support (BLS) - Skills performed by an Emergency Medical Technician in the assistance or absence of advanced medical care.
The BLS providers perform basic life saving procedures and skills on sick or critically injured patients. Their skills include:
- Cervical spine immobilization
- Bandaging, Splinting and Immobilization of limbs
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
- Oxygen administration
We also provide the following additional services:
Standbys for small and large events such as parades, sporting events, fairs, festivals and graduations.
Education to civic and private groups from in depth tours of our units to CPR and First Aid classes.